Aluminum Wiring Replacement in Minneapolis
Minneapolis homeowners usually encounter aluminum wiring when they move into a home that was built during the 1970's or '80's. If your home has aluminum wiring, you should hire a licensed electrical contractor to check the following things:
- Fixtures (eg: outlets and switches) directly attached to aluminum wiring should be rated for it. The device will be stamped with "Al/Cu" or "CO/ALR". The latter supersedes the former, but both are safe. These fixtures are somewhat more expensive than the ordinary ones.
- Wires should be properly connected (at least 3/4 way around the screw in a clockwise direction). Connections should be tight. While repeated tightening of the screws can make the problem worse, during the inspection it would pay off to snug up each connection. Note that aluminum wiring is still often used for the main service entrance cable. It should be inspected.
- "push-in" terminals are an extreme hazard with aluminum wire. Any connections using push-in terminals should be redone with the proper screw connections immediately.
- There should be no signs of overheating: darkened connections, melted insulation, or "baked" fixtures. Any such damage should be repaired immediately.
- Connections between aluminum and copper wire need to be handled specially.
The NEC requires that the wire be connected together using special crimp devices, with an anti-oxidant grease. The tools and materials for the latter are quite expensive - not practical to do it yourself unless you can rent the tool. [Note that regulations are changing rapidly in this area. Suggest that you discuss any work with an inspector if you're going to do more than one or two connections.
- Any non-rated receptacle can be connected to aluminum wiring by means of a short copper "pigtail". See (5) above.
Don't panic if your Minneapolis house has aluminum wiring. Aluminum wiring, when properly installed, can be just as safe as copper. Minneapolis aluminum wiring is, however, very unforgiving of improper installation. Give Electric City Corp a call at 952-406-8238 for friendly and reliable aluminum electrical wiring replacement or installation services.
Our Minneapolis Aluminum Wiring Replacement Contractor Provides:
- Aluminum Re-wiring
- Aluminum Electrical Wiring
- Aluminum House Wiring
- Aluminum Wiring Repairs
- Aluminum Wiring Replacement
- Aluminum Outlet Wiring
- Replacing Aluminum Wiring
- Aluminum Wiring Electrician
- Aluminum Wiring Contractor
We Provide Aluminum Wiring Replacement in the Following Areas:
Why Minneapolis Should Hire Us For Their Aluminum Wiring Replacement
Whether you need Aluminum Wiring Replacement, Aluminum Re-wiring, or just need a professional electrician, Electric City Corporation has you covered. We look forward to welcoming you as a customer and being your preferred electrician whenever you have a Aluminum Wiring Replacement problem in your Minneapolis home.
At Electric City Corporation, your experience includes treating you and your home with respect. We enjoy our Aluminum Wiring Replacement work and it shows! When you invite our Minneapolis electricians into your home, you will encounter not only expertly trained service, but experts who are trained to deliver to you a tailored and unique service experience.
Our Minneapolis electricians have years of experience in the Aluminum Wiring Replacement field. This experience allows us to complete our projects on time and with unmatched quality. Call on Electric City Corporation today to find out why countless other Minneapolis and St Paul Area homeowners have choosen us for their electrical service needs.
From start to finish, our Minneapolis and St Paul Aluminum Wiring Replacement electrical contractors work with You, the homeowner, every step of the way. Our goal to ensure that your Aluminum Wiring Replacement project is completed just the way you expect it. We strive for excellent service, that's on time and at an affordable price.
What Minneapolis Homeowners Are Saying About Our Aluminum Wiring Replacement
"I have followed Kim Zimmer and her staff theourgh several career moves at various electical companies over the past 17+ years."
- Teresa K. Elsbernd, President of Home Reflections, Inc. | Rated: 3 / 3
Recent Articles About Minneapolis Aluminum Wiring Replacement
- Who Should You Call For Minneapolis Electrical Repairs?
- Hiring a Contractor for Minneapolis Electrical Repairs
When the lights go down, whom do you call? No, not Superman, silly, and neither is your Momma. When electricity [...]
For you to be able to ensure that you get the best possible job done in your home, you should […]